Carl Jung writes that the afternoon of our lives represents the time when we begin to shift away from the ego being the dominant force in our life. We begin moving towards a life journey that has meaning. The morning of our lives is really occupied by ambition—getting as much as you can, collecting as much stuff as you can get, impressing as many people as you can, preparing yourself for a job, saving your money, setting goals, pleasing everybody, and doing the right thing. Even getting good grades in school revolved around the ego part of us, which really believes that who we are is what we do, what we get, and what other people think of us. That’s basically the essence of the ego. In the afternoon of your life, you don’t do life. You do what resonates with the callings of your soul. – Wayne Dyer
What Does it Mean to be Awake
It has happened to all of us that we came under the spell of a moment some time during our life. A beautiful landscape, a sunset, a beautiful piece of art, the rhythm of music enchanted us. It may even happen that we are just lost in the silence of a peaceful moment.
The identification with the forms and shapes loosens a little bit for a short while, and in that instant we may experience an entirely different State of Consciousness.
These are the 7 experiences in the moment of spiritual Awakening:
- When our identification with a form ceases, a new space is generated between us and the form and we are able to see and recognize that we are not identical with that form.
- We virtually step out of the psychological time frame, we stop mulling over injuries of the past, and do not build our identity for the future.
- The Ego disappears, telling personal history stops, and the line of our accustomed identity is broken.
- We are awake, only the present moment exists for us. Our soul is permeated by the quiet of the Miracle,that is, the Consciousness and the joy of the Existence.
- We are free and independent of the forms and shapes and of the necessity of choosing from them. All our suffering and problems have vanished, we are surrounded by peace and tranquility.
- There is only the pure existence, we are eyewitnesses, contemplating the dance of forms and shapes around us. We do not identify with anything, we are a Consciousness free of the obligation to make choices.
- We accept life as it is, and it is not done under pressure, since that acceptance is the result of our complete freedom.
In this state of Consciousness an entirely new dimension of existence opens up for us, showing us Existence from a completely new perspective. The unity behind the controversies is revealed in front of our eyes, and we no longer insist on looking on the sunny side of life, as we are able to discover beauty on the dark side, too.
Everything will be quiet and peaceful in us. We are beyond all good and evil, we are a mere Consciousness that does not analyze or judge, only contemplates. We realize that the same contemplating spirit lives in everybody, so the differences between human beings are only superficial, and deep inside we are all the same. Experiencing that unity will bring us the ecstasy of Life, the perfect joy of Existence.